Cancer can be defined as a disease in which a group of abnormal cells grow uncontrollably by disregarding the normal rules of cell division.
Normal cells are constantly subject to signals that dictate whether the cell should divide, differentiate into another cell or die.
What if the signal to stop division of cells is not working or lost? This will lead to uncontrolled multiplication of cells. This process or event is called as cancer.
There are multiple reasons for this process or cancer, few of them are:
- Exposure to UV or harmful radiations. This leads to skin cancer or cancer of other body parts.
- Processed food. It might contain some ingredients or preservatives that slowly lead to cancer.
- Radioactive exposure like in case of nuclear plant explosion or accidental exposure.
- Genetic causes. Sometimes what is written in your genetic code is expressed after certain age.
- Unknown causes. Sometimes cancer can be spontaneous, i.e. without any identifiable cause.
- It has nothing to do with lack of exercise or wrong food habits.